How To Make Your Own Nut Milk
Making your own milk makes a lot of sense, as cows are difficult to keep in most homes, we need an alternative.
On the other hand nut milk is a great product which you can easily make at home. The only trick is to make sure your utensils and containers are sterile by running them through the dishwasher or soaking in boiling water.
- 1 cup of nuts
- 2 cups water
- nut milk bag
- sweetener (optional)
- soak the nuts overnight in a refridgerator
- drain and rinse nuts
- combine with water in blender
- place blended mixture in nut milk bag
- Use almonds, macadamia or cashews
- Use skinless nuts for a smoother consistency
- If you prefer a thinner consistency use more water
- Use honey, agave or dates as sweetener
The nut milk will last up to 5 days without going sour. It does depend on our fresh your nuts are so make a bit of effort in sourcing local nuts, which will also make your local nut farmer happy.